Our host, Sonam the carpenter, has a decent view from his rooftop over the Zangla Palace. Our volunteers relax in his courtyard reading or sunbathing after work. >>>The team arrived to Zangla
The 2013 season opened with the conservation of the Great Stupa of Shey that started a year before. >>>
Please support our project!
Title sponsor of Csoma`s Room Foundation:
Sponsor and Founder of Csoma`s Room Foundation:
Our Travel Agency:
Our official documentarist:
Our Media Partners:
Our Partners and Consultants:
Csoma`s volunteers currently in and around Leh:
All our volunteers left Ladakh in 2014.
Volunteers currently in Zangla or in Zanskar:
Every volunteer returned home in 2014.
Permanent project members:
- Balázs Irimiás: project leader, architect, phd candidate, Waseda University
- Adam Somlai-Fischer: creative direction for Csoma`s Wheel, Kitchen Budapest
- Sándor Finta: Architect, Team Leader in 2010 and 2011
- Robin Nagy Csoma`s Wheel coordinator, managing director of Kitchen Budapest
- Olga Nagy: education program leader, international relations, Waseda University
- Réka Gőbel: international relations
- Tibor Gulyás: cameraman
- Viktória Lőrincz: Volunteer Coordinator, Communicator and fb admin
- Emese Olosz: architect, consultant, Field Service for Cultural Heritage
- Erika Erdélyi: architect, consultant, Field Service for Cultural Heritage
- Bence Samu: Csoma`s Wheel, Kitchen Budapest researcher
- Ágoston Nagy: Csoma`s Wheel, Kitchen Budapest researcher
- Gergely Barcza: architect, team leader in Zangla
- Etienne Samin: architect, 2009 team leader in Zangla
- Krisztián Kelner, architect, 2009 team leader in Zangla
- Julie Delmotte, archaeologist, 2009 archaeological survey leader in Zangla
- Tamás Szakál, Csoma`s Wheel, production manager
Volunteering opportunities for season 2014:
1. Conservation works on Zangla Palace, Zangla.
2. Teaching in primary school and nunnery, conversational English, Zangla.
3. Solar school building, contemporary ladakhi architecture, local materials, Zangla.
4. Bicycle shop manager in Leh (max. 2 people at one time, experience necessary, 1-3 months minimum)
If you would like to join the summer works as a volunteer please fill out this form. Please provide data for all fields if available. We will confirm your registration automatically and in a personal email too.
Application form for 2014 coming soon ...